Monday, July 30, 2012

Of Summer & Lilacs...

Yes... I know it's the middle of summer (although you really can't tell here in Oregon!) But... a girl can't have TOO many little sweaters for Fall... now can she?  Enter the "Springtime in Hollis" pattern I bought a couple of months ago on Ravelry.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/springtime-in-hollis


I bought a couple skeins of Berroco Vintage in Aster just for this pattern (love this buttery soft yarn... wears great too!)


Sooooo... my thoughts on this combo?  I have to say… I LOVE THIS PATTERN. I’m also finishing it up in a size 8… and it is just lovely. Fun to knit, and a very satisfying finish!  I picked up and knit the button bands in one piece, and the lattice work on the bottom of the sweater was easy to memorize and very intuitive. I also adore the Berroco Vintage.. so soft and wears very well!  The I-cord tie really adds to the finished look, I think..... just darling.  Here's my own little darling modeling her newest ensemble (with a forbidden lilac as bribery for the impromptu photo shoot.... I tried using a dandelion, but apparently K has expensive tastes!)








No comments:

Post a Comment