Friday, August 17, 2012

Itty Bitty Teeny Weeny Bunny

The 2-at-a-time socks I have going on size 1 needles are going EVER SO SLOWLY,



 and I needed a quick little knit to experience the high of finishing something.... enter "Teeny Tiny Bunny" (FREE on Ravelry and here).  I had some "UN-ravelled yarn" from a recent foray to Goodwill in the cupboard, and it looked like the perfect bunny yarn.


Carrie's Review?  Very quick, and quite satisfying project. I love how the ears turned out (there is a k3tog in there that gives them their little cupped shape).  I also used a slightly nicer method for defining the head from the body (worked great!), as detailed here (scroll halfway down the page).



Here is the finished bunny (he is all of about 3" tall):



I added a tail by making a teeny little pom-pom (yarn wrapped around 2 dpns and then tied in the middle, fluffed and given a haircut with a pair of scissors).



I think one of these would be darling adorning a shower gift or card!

No comments:

Post a Comment