Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Teeny Tiny Tea Time Slippers

After a couple successful forays into the realm of felting... I am starting to feel a tad braver and decided to take on another project, "Tiny Tea Time Slippers" by Amy Munson.


My only choices for colorful, feltable wool in my stash however were bright orange, or neon blue.... so orange it was!

 This pattern was actually quite satisying.  I weighed my skein of yarn, divided it into two equal hanks, and then wound them both into center pull balls.  This pattern uses a mid-row bindoff to make the strap portion, and I used TechKnitter's tips for starting and ending a bind off in the middle of the row to avoid all of the little gappy portions you can end up with otherwise.  Her tips worked wondrously, and I was very happy with the result. 

Also, I used a circular needle for the "straight needle" portions, just because the flexible cable make it easier to get around the corners.  I made a size large, and they fit my daughter (age 4), with a little room to grow.  After one round in the washing machine (hot, low water with several towels), they felted up nicely and were ready for some embroidery and decorative buttons.  Here is E4 enjoying the finished product!  {E4} "OH!!!!  They are SO, SO, SO, SOOOOOO BERRY BEAUT-EE-FULL!!!"





Carrie's Review?  Try this pattern :)  All of the things that I like to see in a pattern were present (stitch counts, easy to understand directions, clear pictures...).  I think that these will make great Christmas gifts for all of the cousins. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you enjoyed knitting up the slippers. I love how quick they are. Thank you so much for the great review and such a sweet little model, she is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete